Date(s) - 11/06/2013
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Basement Seminar Room
This course is aimed at people with no previous experience of Linux or programming.
After completing the course, participants should be confident running basic tasks from the Linux command line.
* Review of core computing concepts
* The role of the Operating System and a Brief History of Linux
* User accounts and passwords
* The Linux Filesystem and how to Navigate it from the Command Line
* File permissions, users and groups
* Connecting to remote machines
* Viewing and editing files
* Running and monitoring applications
* STDOUT, STDERR, pipes and redirection
* Help – man, info
Please note – this is a preliminary list of topics and may change prior to the course. Alterations will be posted here.
Bookings are closed for this event.